With a new catalog, comes changes. And we really like this new change! Introducing the new Firm Foam Stampin' Pads that will help you get a cleaner, crisper stamped images.
Watch as Shannon West from the home office explains all the benefits on the new design!
We know you’re going to love these new Stampin’ Pads!
- Provide better ink coverage for your stamps!
- Light-tap stamping produces flawless images!
In addition, our new Stampin’ Pads
- Create wonderfully solid images. The Firm Foam releases more ink onto your rubber stamp than the felt pads. When using the Firm Foam pad, your stamp will get an even, solid covering of ink that you may not have been able to achieve with the felt pads. Please note: if you are using the ink pad frequently you may need to re-ink your Firm Foam pad more often.
- Have a crisply printed, glossy label on the top of the pad that is easier to read and that will not fade or chip off!
- Come with color name labels in all four languages (English, Spanish, French, and German)–just choose your language, peel it off the back, and add it to the side of the pad for easy identification!
- Use the same patented flip-top case design that stores the inking surface upside down, so the pad surface stays moist!
- Are available in all colors, including our exclusive InColors!
Heads up! Five ink colors have undergone formula changes to improve functionality and color stability with the new firm foam pads. These colors are
- Basic Black
- Basic Gray
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Tempting Turquoise
Here are more Questions & Answers from Stampin'Up about the new Firm Foam Pads
Q: Why did we switch from felt pads to firm foam pads?
A: We have worked very hard to improve the functionality of our Classic Stampin’ Pads. The firm foam allows for better ink coverage; plus it stays juicer and lasts longer.
Q: Do old Classic Stampin’ Ink Refills work with the new firm foam pads?
A: Yes, with the exception of Basic Black, Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise, which have been reformulated to work with the new foam pad material. We do not recommend using old ink refills in these colors with the new firm foam pads.
Q: Before I use my firm foam pad, do I need to tap it and massage the ink around?
A: No. The firm foam pads are ready for use immediately. The best stamping technique with the firm foam pad is light tapping.
Q: My pad is too wet. What should I do?
A: We suggest using a paper towel to remove some of the ink. The amount of ink in each pad is carefully monitored in production to ensure the two-year shelf life.
Q: The firm foam on my lighter color pads looks blotchy. Is this normal?
A: Yes. The blotchiness is caused by the characteristics of the pad material. It does not affect the stamped image.
Q: When I first stamp with certain colors, my images seem a lot darker. Why is this happening?
A: When stamping with your old pads, you had to work hard to get even ink coverage on your stamp. With the new firm foam pad, the stamp gets a lot more ink on it so when you stamp, your image will appear darker. Once your stamped image dries, the color will look normal.
Q: When I compare the firm foam pads to my felt pads, some of the colors don’t seem to match. Why is this?
A: The firm foam and felt will not match exactly. Ink reacts differently to different materials. We have quality checked each ink color to ensure that the stamped ink color is true.
Q: What is shelf life of the firm foam pads? How long will the pad last before I need to re-ink it?
A: Shelf life is two years from the manufactured date, which means if you do not use the pad for two years, it should remain well saturated. If you use the pad frequently, the pad may need to be re-inked before the two years.
Q: What is the best way to remove the color labels from the bottom of the ink pad?
A: Start at the right bottom corner (just above the barcode) and slowly peel the corner up by removing both layers.
Q: Which end of the case do you apply the label to?
A: The label goes on the end where you open the case.
Q: If the ink pad becomes saturated with ink or liquid, will it cause the label to fall off?
A: No, the label should not be affected. However, like most labels, if you pick at it or try and remove it, it may start to peel up.
Q: What are some additional features of the new firm foam pads?
A: See additional features below:
- The firm foam is nice and flat and will not become wavy.
- The firm foam material does not imprint on the stamp images like the felt pad sometimes did. However, because the firm foam material is a foam base material, the stamp image can momentarily leave an imprint on the pad, which can transfer to a second stamped image. By inking your stamp on different areas of the pad or waiting momentarily for the ink to rise back to the top, you can easily avoid this situation.
- The firm foam material is soft and has a nice bounce to it. It’s not hard like the felt is.
- The ink lay-down (how the ink is absorbed into the card stock) is even, not blotchy, and dries quickly. It has an increased opacity and stamps solid images beautifully.
Q: Will Stampin’ Spots use the new firm foam pad?
A: No. Stampin’ Spots will remain the same.
Q: Can I use the reformulated ink with my Stampin’ Spots?
Q: Can I use the reformulated ink with my Stampin’ Around Wheels?
Wendy & CherylNo Tag